Apr 11, 2008

Ikat for all budgets!

How are we feeling about Ikat these days? Although I still really like it, I feel that it's just a trend that will come and go just like any other fad...but right now it's major and so eye catching, I can't resist doing a post on it!

I love the cotton-silk dress above by James Coviello- was featured in In Style this month as an ensemble for the "Ikat woman"- don't worry it's only $504! Sheesh! Where's the Target knockoff of it?

Can't resist Ikat pillows- especially in pink!

Another more whimsical and fresh take on the Ikat pillow by Madeline Weinrib. She has tons more colors available on her website here

More Ikat by John Robshaw

Not ready to splurge on just a trend? How about buying inexpensive Ikat from Nate Berkus' collection at Linens and Things! $19.99- what a steal!

This I like to call traditional looking Ikat....another one by Madeline featured in Elle Decor

More Ikat featured in Elle Decor- I love how it instantly livens up a simple sofa

Z Gallerie Ikat pillow- this abstract pattern of diamonds is a more modern take on the traditional Indonesian technique

And of course you can always rely on Pottery Barn to carry the latest trends at relatively inexpensive price points. This oversized print and bold colored pillow gives you a fun new way to incorporate Ikat into your home!
We'll let you know when the next big trend comes around to take Ikat's place... but with so much Ikat everywhere, I don't think it will be too soon!

1 comment:

cotedetexas said...

I was at Target yesterday and they had the Ikat pillows, very cute. Made me sad I didn't have a place for them!