Apr 10, 2008

Reese's Ranch


Now that the confusion is put to rest to the question- are Jake and Reese together or aren't they? (Judging from their recent trip to her new ranch house for her birthday, they definitely are!) but what I am really confused about still is the fact that in March's House Beautiful, they featured a gorgeous ranch house in Ojai, California designed and owned by Kathryn Ireland. House Beautiful claims that this is her house; however, my recent Us Weekly claims the same ranch house is now Witherspoon's five acre estate that was built in 1923. It says she bought the house "partially furnished and it was originally a barn built by famed architect Wallace Neff". Did Kathryn originally own and live in this house, decorate it, and then decided to sell it to Reese? The mystery remains! All I know is this...the house is huge...four bedrooms, three and a half baths, a country kitchen, great hall, blacksmith's shop, and a four car carriage house will be plenty enough room for Jake and Reese to raise a few kids of their own someday! (we can dream)

Most of the fabric on the upholstered pieces come from Ireland's own collection. Suzani fabric, farm tables, antique chandeliers, and vintage chairs are spread throughout the house.
I adore this fabric!



If anyone knows the answer to solve my house mystery, I'd love to hear it! I have to say, I was very happy to find out that this was one of my favorite actresses' new vacation home. A gorgeous house goes along great with a gorgeous man! Good for you Reese!

3 comments:

Sarah's Fab Day said...

The pictures were probably shot some time ago and in the mean time it was just sold to Reese. I wonder if she bought it furnished? You can get some of the deets on Real Estalker's blog, I think the posted some info about it a couple of weeks ago.

I love that place too, stunning!

My Notting Hill said...

Sarah's Fab Day is right - and Cote de Texas did an interesting post on this too.

Great blog.

Ann said...

I love the rustic style tables especially on the first photo.

Good to know that Reese have a ranch. I always admire celebrities who have one. Make them look more grounded.

I just wish that Ryan and Reese were still together. They are a lovely couple with two angelic looking kids.

Oh but now that Jake is around, that would just be a dream.