Dec 14, 2008

The Chicago Designer goes to LA...






...and scares up a whole lotta design inspiration!  Just had a quick trip to attend an amazing party at Blackman Cruz (but more about that in a later post.)  Actually met our LA Material Girl, Jill, and had an elegant and fascinating lunch at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant at the London Hotel (sorry, but more about that later as well.)
Just had to visit the showroom of the dynamic LA design team of Woodson & Rummerfield!
Black and white and gorgeous all over.  The term "Modage" coined by the duo seems to symbolize classic Hollywood glamour and a nod to the sleek and vintage.  Clearly, this collaboration of styles works for celebrity (Tori Spelling) and non celebrity alike.
Their new book, "High Style" is just out and is available on their website.  I snagged a signed copy :)  
Especially appreciated the Sciolari mid century chandelier in the entry room as I have it hanging in my design office.  Always is an inspiration to me while I plot and plan.  When you log onto their website you will hear the tribal and yet elegant music that seems to define their style sensibilities.  Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julia B. Edelmann/Buckingham Interiors + Design said...

Sorry Liza! I deleted your second comment some how. Please post again soon. Thank you for viewing and commenting!

Renée Finberg said...

i might die ,
this is too FAB-BOO !!

Anonymous said...

I have given their book HIGH STYLE to several friends this holiday. Love it!

Unknown said...

Ooh! I just did a post about Woodson and Rummerfield recently. I'm glad to see that theire store was just as fabulous in person!