Mar 18, 2009

Ballard's Top 15

During times like this, you gotta be frugal...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

Your home really can be stylish without you having to spend a fortune...it's all about mixing high and low. And since right now, I can't really splurge on the "high", I turn to alternate resources for the low. Low meaning less expensive (without compromising good taste)

Although Ballard Designs isn't anything new to the blogging world, I did find a few chic pieces on their website at some great prices that I had to share with you!

Here are my top 15 Ballard picks that are currently on their site (in no particular order):


I love this clean lined, elegant sofa. The neutral color on it is so nice and warm. I can see it blending in well with almost any type of interior.

This clock's unusual design was developed by an 18th century clockmaker who wanted a small clock that could be read by candlelight.

In a lot of ways, I think Ballard is comparable in style to Pottery barn; however, one thing that PB does not have is a small antique brass clock! Ballard- you win on this one.
This desk is so soft and graceful. Would look lovely in a bedroom or you could even place a mirror over it and make it a vanity table!

I have to stop posting about tufting- but I just can't stop. It's a disease! How could you not love it?
You can upholster this Camden tufted headboard in Ballard's fabrics or even send in your own!
This piece is my favorite (I told you that this list was in no particular order!) The Dunstan wing chair is a play off the traditional wing chair given its very extraordinary back. The nailhead trim on it makes it even more scrumptious! And as with the headboard, you can send in your own fabric for this one too!
Throw pillows are always a must. I haven't tired of coral just yet. The cool thing about these is that they were needle-pointed entirely by hand!

This chair was designed in the Chippendale style and is handcrafted of natural rattan. Anything lacquered, we will take! Comes in red, black, or white.

As if I didn't have enough Office Max file folders already! Ok, we'll admit, these are much much cuter than manila. Marrakesh file folders come in a set of 12 (4 of each color) Makes me think of
Maryam!

These garden suite prints are applied on a canvas and glazed. I love the colors used in this- so very soothing! Comes in a set of 2 prints.

Some of you love it, some of you hate it, but the fact of the matter is that wallpaper is back! There are some wallcoverings out there that scare me a little bit (especially when over done), but this one is so charming, I have to give it the thumbs up!

This mirror is so unique and different- it had to make the top fifteen list! I love ruffles, I love coral, and I love antiqued mirror- a win-win-(win) situation.

This lamp sure does make a statement. I can see this in an entry hall- one on each side of a console table with a bold teal wall behind it.

Such fun pendants! The Westport would look super cute in a bright and funky commercial space like a coffee shop!

The Denton Tripod Lamp would make the perfect vintage desk light. Crafted of antique silver, this beauty is adjustable too!

I think pleated silk shades on chandeliers are so pretty...couple this with crystal, and you have one glam chandy.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your choices from Ballard. I have ordered their folding bamboo chairs for years.

Maria Killam said...

Those are great, I love your choices. That desk is lovely.

Jen West Design said...

I have ordered barstools and vanity chairs for clients with COM. Also, those classic folding bamboo chairs are a must have for extra seating. Good prices. High and low. You gotta mix it up.

Jan said...

Re my previous comment - er duh :)
Will be here for the actual relaunch!
April?

Anonymous said...

I'm a tufting fanatic, too :) LOVE the tufted headboard!

Anonymous said...

Great editing! I have the bamboo chairs and love them. Im thinking of lacquering them a bright color but love the versatility of the black.

Material Girls said...

Well maybe I need to get myself a bamboo chair, seems as if everyone has one!

Re launch should be here end of April...taking so much longer than expected but I promise, it will be here some day!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are a TALENT! They are so adorable! Very cute chairs!

Regards,
Album designing